Crashing on Win32 (FAQ suggestion doesn't work)

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Fri Feb 21 06:19:54 EST 2003

<snip>
> All I am trying to do is run a simple Python script, with one variable in
> it, to add that variable to my dictionary - then look up the variable and
> get its value. This is just test code, and I can't even get the API to get
> through that without crashing.
>
> Does anyone know how to make this thing work under Windows, or is
> it a lost
> cause?
>
> Thanks.

Did you try downloading the python source distribution and looking at the
embedding example in there? You might also think about getting the pythonWin
source to see how it does it too.

You're also likely to get more help if you post the important snippet(s) of
your code so we don't have to consult the crystal ball to get an idea of
what might be wrong.

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA