Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Mon Feb 10 17:19:48 EST 2003

Michele> Moreover I fear abuses like

Michele> files=[f for f in os.listdir(mydir) \
Michele>        if (if issource: f.endswith('.py') else: True)]

Michele> to retrieve all the files or only the source files (this is a
Michele> real case life where I would like to use the ternary
Michele> operator, but NOT in this form!)

I don't see this is a case for the ternary operator at all.  Surely it
is better to write

         files=[f for f in os.listdir(mydir) \
                if not issource or f.endswith('.py')]

--