Just for fun - PickleRPC

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Feb 27 16:35:00 EST 2003

    Irmen> Checked it out briefly - I saw that you "snagged" something from
    Irmen> xmlrpclib, namely (a part of) the dynamic proxy. How does this
    Irmen> proxy work? Does it deal with direct attribute access
    Irmen> (object.attribute) and nested lookups
    Irmen> (object.attribute.subattr.method() )?

Yes, it is for nested attribute lookup.

    Irmen> I still have to fix Pyro's dynamic proxy -- it can't yet deal
    Irmen> with nested lookups. So I was wondering if I could "snag" some
    Irmen> stuff from here :-)

Sure.  Note, however, that I haven't tested that aspect of the RPC stuff,
and it probably won't work as currently written because the registration
function only uses the function's __name__ attribute as the dispatch key and
doesn't (yet) take an optional string to use as the name.

Skip