Text to JPG. How to

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Feb 5 05:23:01 EST 2003

vector wrote:
> Still new at this and just wondering if I should pursue this little side
> project using Python.
>
> Objective:
> request text from user via gui(tk entry box)
> convert text into a jpg (160x120 lowres)
> save jpg

This is some code I have that works:

########################3

buttonList = {}
buttonList['test1.gif'] = 'Test 1'
buttonList['test2.gif'] = 'Test 2'

import ImageDraw, ImageFont
import Image

# Set font
arial =
ImageFont.load('C:/root/pythonScripts/PILTest/phontz/Verdana_12_100.pil')

im = Image.open("C:/root/pythonScripts/PILTest/redButton.gif")

width, height = im.size
middle = width/2

for fileName, theText in buttonList.items():

     aCopy = im.copy()

     # render the text
     draw = ImageDraw.Draw(aCopy)
     draw.setfont(arial)
     draw.setink(255)

     textWidth, textHeight = draw.textsize(theText)
     textMiddle = textWidth/2

     fontPlacement = middle - textMiddle
     print textWidth

     draw.text((fontPlacement, -3), theText)
     aCopy.save('C:/root/pythonScripts/PILTest/' + fileName)

--

hilsen/regards Max M Rasmussen, Denmark

http://www.futureport.dk/
Fremtiden, videnskab, skeptiscisme og transhumanisme