A beginner's question

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Mon Feb 17 13:25:40 EST 2003

Madhusudan Singh <spammers-go-here at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<b2p7ch$1csfge$1 at ID-159130.news.dfncis.de>...
> OTOH, scigraphica is a stand-alone application that (uses Numerical Python
> and pygtk2 for scripting) renders plots. The interactive mode of operation
> is impressive since it seems to be a near clone of Origin. However, I often
> have lots of plots that need similar processing, and thought that scripting
> like gnuplot might be more time-efficient. Hence my question.

The first week I started playing with Python, I used it to generate
gnuplot scripts. I found it to be very easy and quite effective; of course
you can also use the Gnuplot.py interface (Google is your friend), but if
you don't know Python and you now well enough Gnuplot, I think it is easier to
generate the gnuplot code directly.

--
Michele Simionato - Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
210 Allen Hall Pittsburgh PA 15260 U.S.A.