Carel Fellinger carel.fellinger at chello.nl
Fri Feb 7 19:28:40 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:14:40PM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Given that if-then-else expressions keep being requested, I hereby put
> forward a proposal.  I am neutral on acceptance of the proposal; I'd
> like the c.l.py community to accept or reject it or come up with a
> counter-proposal.  Please understand that I don't have a lot of time
> to moderate the discussion; I'll just wait for the community to
> discuss the proposal and agree on some way to count votes, then count
> them.

Whether this gets added to the language or not I'd rather leave to your
instincts as a language designer --you've been doing *fine* sofar--
then to what ever gets the majority (in what ever way) of votes this
time around.  So please, dont' give us voting power!

The proposal as is looks reasonable to me, it would clean up those few
uses of (a and b or c) that I have in my code.

--
groetjes, carel