Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 11:51:14 EST 2003

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:

>Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I really don't have much sympathy for that argument. If you want to
>> understand a language, you will need to know it.
>
>This started out with you saying that if I don't use a feature, its
>existance won't affect me one way or the other.  My point was that it
>will affect me.  Even if I don't use it, I'll need to learn it to
>understand the code that you write.

Can't we just assume that, as you've joined in this debate, you'd have
a pretty good idea what was meant by the construct should you ever
stumble over it in someone's code?
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd