ActivePerl/Python: Problems accessing variables via IActiveScript::GetScriptDispatch

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 13 17:25:08 EST 2003

"James Hugard" <james_hugard at hotmail.com> wrote:
> PYTHONSCRIPT
>    - Supports retrieving and calling global procedures
>    - Supports accessing global variables (see notes)
>    - No support for accessing class objects or members (see notes)

Hmm... one quesiton occured to me.  Are you trying to access Python objects
that have the necessary policy attributes for Python to turn them into COM
Automation objects (ie. implementing IDispatch), or are you just trying to
access plain Python objects?  That could make a big difference on whether or
not it works, or how easy it would be to actually fix.

                                        Ross Ridge