Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Fri Feb 7 14:48:40 EST 2003

> Padraig at Linux.ie wrote:
> >
> > I really don't see any advantage only being something
> > else to learn for beginners.
>
> Beginners don't necessarily have to learn about it. I actually
> programmed C++ for years before I learned about a ? b : c. Anyway,
> python is already jam-packed with far more advanced concepts than
> this.

Some of us _said_ adding new features was going to cause this
response.

I don't see the need, and I don't want Python to support every
feature that some people want.  I want 'Learning Python' to be
a nice slim book that doesn't scare people away with 'oh, but
there is so much to learn' before they try it.  And I would
rather not read realms of 'C or C++ written in Python' in my
future.

They'll get over it.  Maybe they'll learn about dictionary
dispatching, or some other more interesting technique while they are
at it.

Laura