Case sensitivity

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Feb 21 18:22:42 EST 2003

Alex Martelli wrote:

> So introduce a beginner to the excellent and very useful
> module mx.DateTime and explain to him, or her, how and
> why he or she needs to memorize (or continuosly check or
> try) that the functions named (e.g.) 'today', 'localtime',
> or 'add_century' MUST be lowercase, while (e.g.) functions
> 'TimeFrom' and 'Age' and 'Time' MUST be mixed-case.  Pah.

Is that _really_ the biggest problem a beginning programmer has with
learning Python?  I very seriously doubt it.  I would think that the
learning of the basics of programming and wrapping their minds around
that would be a much larger task.

Beginners are beginners, they aren't stupid.  "Case matters, so remember
to watch it."

/  \ Whom God has put asunder, why should man put together?
\__/ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Rules for Buh / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/cards/buh.html
 The official rules to the betting card game, Buh.