OO patterns with Python

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Feb 10 15:07:48 EST 2003

Patrick Useldinger wrote:

> I am an "experienced" programmer, but as I've worked on mainframes for the
> last 13 years I never had the opportunity to experiment with OO. I've now
> decided to close that enormous gap, and chose Python as the language to do
> so.

Excellent choice ;-)

> My understanding is that OO is not that trivial, and that patterns have been
> created as template solutions for common or difficult problems. As there
> seems to be no specific book on patterns with Python, can anybody recommend
> a book or a URL on patters which is language-independant, so that I do not
> have to learn C++, Java or whatever first?

Actually I would advice that you try out some OO code before learning
patterns. But that's probably just me.

Anyhoo, you could do worse than reading "Python Programming Patterns",
which is almost exactly what you are asking for.

isbn: 0-13-040956-1

--

hilsen/regards Max M Rasmussen, Denmark

http://www.futureport.dk/
Fremtiden, videnskab, skeptiscisme og transhumanisme