IDLE on XP

Charles Lewis lewisc at delta.swau.edu
Sun Feb 2 21:59:17 EST 2003

I suddenly have a peculiar problem with IDLE not starting up on XP. It
could have happened anytime in the last 2 months as I have not used
Python on this machine since then. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
2.2.2, 2.2.3, and 2.3a1, all with the same result.

The only other thing that has happened related to Python is that I
installed Rekall which uses python scripting, but I have a hard time
believing that's what caused the problem as I uninstalled both programs
and then installed Python (and vice-versa) with the same result.

Anyone else having/had similar problems?

Charles Lewis
chas at reliablecs.com