Newbie CGI Q

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Feb 21 18:28:01 EST 2003

Ian Pellew wrote:

> I have the preverbial works from command line but NOT via apache/http.
>
> The basics work OK on command line and via httpd (Solaris 8)
> The moment I "import cgi" I get the "Internal Server Error"
> The cgi with import cgi is OK on the command line.

If you're just seeing the 500 error, how do you know that's where the
error happens?  Almost certainly the problem is that CGI is exercising
something in your program that you don't hit from the command line.
Look in your httpd error logs to see the stderr output that your script
spat out.

/  \ Whom God has put asunder, why should man put together?
\__/ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Rules for Buh / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/cards/buh.html
 The official rules to the betting card game, Buh.