Python training time (was)

Anna revanna at mn.rr.com
Wed Feb 5 23:34:38 EST 2003

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:15:03 +0000, Alex Martelli wrote:

> Andy Freeman wrote:
>
>> "Brandon Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote in message
>> news:<fZD_9.914$ek4.91595 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
>>> So, how much time do you have to put into Python before you've mastered
>>> *every* aspect of the language?  I do mean "every."  Less than a year?
>>> 6 months?  3 months?  Be honest.
>>
>> That's the wrong question.
>
> It's an IRRELEVANT question, but that doesn't make it "wrong", any more
> than asking what size shoes you wear -- that's a perfectly "right"
> question, just has nothing to do with the discussion, but, so what?

Okay - I wanna know - how much are ya'll paying this guy?!

This is a delightful thread! He keeps making silly assumptions and asking
stupid questions and ya'll keep coming up with absolutely *wonderful*
facts and figures about Python and why it's so much better... I mean, you
couldn't *ask* for a better set of straightlines...

This whole thread should be collected into a FAQ! It's fantastic PR.

Just my $.03 worth.
Anna