David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Sat Feb 8 00:51:02 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1044667433.18175.python-list at python.org>,
 Carlos Ribeiro <cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br> wrote:

> In my opinion, the best thing to do right now is to wait a few days
> for things to settle down. I'm sure that many people that reacted
> against it today will get used to the idea fairly quickly, specially
> if we come up with a slightly better idiom (this one is quite good,
> but some good candidates for improvement have appeared today, and
> more will come).

I agree with this suggestion.  I still have yet to decide whether I like
the new proposal (although I'm pretty sure I like it better than the
alternatives I've seen here) and I think sitting on it for a few days
will help me come to a clearer opinion.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/