PEP308: Yet another syntax proposal

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Feb 13 08:16:16 EST 2003

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> "Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
> news:7h3u1f9uz00.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk...
> > "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
> >
> > > So you are in the unenviable position of having to either
> > > abstain or decide which alternative is least abominable ;-).

Hang on, did you mean to include "no change" in your alternatives?  I
thought you meant alternative syntaxes.

> > What makes you think that?
>
> My interpretation of what you wrote.  I took "I don't think the
> addition ... would be a good thing" to mean "I don't think the
> addition ... would be an improvement"

Yes...

> and applied the logic "If X is an abomination and X+Y would not be
> an improvement, then X+Y is also an abomination."

Now I just don't understand what you mean.  If this comes down to a
vote, my vote will be for "no change" unless there's a wonderful new
idea (Bengt's latest doesn't count :).

> If I missed badly, I apologize.

No need to apologise, I'm through taking offense in this thread...

learn-to-love-the-return-key-ly y'rs
M.

--
  I don't have any special knowledge of all this. In fact, I made all
  the above up, in the hope that it corresponds to reality.