Newbie question - Python mode in SciTE ?

Henri Chorand duschmurtz.nospamthanks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 2 09:18:02 EST 2003

Hi all,

Yet Another newbie question.

I successfully downloaded SciTE (I have read a number of posts about the
virtues or various code editors (VIM, Emacs, etc.) and SciTE seems the
right horse for me.)

I understand that the various .properties files are intended to enable
SciTE to edit source code written in the corresponding languages.

My question is, what should I do in order to specify Python as my source
language, or does SciTE recognize the source language from the file
extension, or else...

Thanks in advance,

Henri