ternary operator vote

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Feb 12 11:08:05 EST 2003

In article <yu99heb9lfuo.fsf at europa.research.att.com>,
Andrew Koenig  <ark at research.att.com> wrote:

>Electionmethods.org argues at some length that allowing votes other
>than "yes" and "no" without otherwise changing the system does not
>make the system more fair in any useful sense.  As an alternative,
>it proposes "Condorcet voting", which allows people to vote by
>rank ordering rather than just yes/no.

While technically accurate, because this isn't *just* a vote in the
traditional sense, but more like a poll, I believe that using
YES/NO/ABSTAIN produces more information, so that people can vote for
proposals they like, against proposals they hate, and skip the others.

Register for PyCon now!  http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html