holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Sat Feb 8 12:06:53 EST 2003

Michael Hudson wrote:
> holger krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> writes:
>
> > Michael Hudson wrote:
> > >
> > > -1 on the idea of deciding language decisions by any kind of voting
> > > too, BTW.
> >
> > Huh?  Isn't this common practice?  Sure, Guido gets the final
> > decision but voting may help if even he is 50-50 with it.
>
> Well, Guido gave the impression that he would go with the majority
> verdict which I'm not sure I've seen him say before.  I'm sure he's
> really reserved his right to ignore the outcome of the current c.l.py
> shindig, but I think it could be a worrying precedent.

I think it's a special case.  No need to worry that Guido is going
to roll some dice <wink> for accepting PEPs.

Anyway, nobody is even going to demand that future PEP are decided
on c.l.py especially taking the current discussion into account :-)

> IOW, I think Guido gets decisions right more often than *I* do, so I
> certainly think he beats a newsgroup mob.

Maybe he just wants to have a more quiet python-dev by pushing
all the syntax-enthusiasts to c.l.py and keeping them busy :)

you don't really worry, do you?

    holger