Any interest in a getoption.py?

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz
Mon Feb 24 17:29:16 EST 2003

"Bob Hepple" <bob_hepple at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:a3c2653.0302231532.4e5ad249 at posting.google.com...
> Rene Pijlman <reageer.in at de.nieuwsgroep> wrote in message
> news:<plch5vs4qaquid06u9icj1bh0nldt3l3lh at 4ax.com>...
>>
>> Are you aware of the new optparse module in 2.3?
>>
>> [URL snipped]
>
> No - I was not aware of that. Thanks. It looks pretty close to what
> I have done although it doesn't go quite as far eg. printing of man
> & docbook pages and output of code to process the options. Also I
> guess many of us are still at python 1.5 and not 2.3!

Python 2.3's optparse module is essentially the same as Optik:

  http://optik.sourceforge.net/

Optik works on Python 2.0 or greater. Sorry, that doesn't help the 1.5
users, but many of the rest of us can get optparse's functionality
without upgrading to 2.3.

--
Mark Hadfield            "Ka puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tatou"
m.hadfield at niwa.co.nz
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA)