ANN: PyQStat 1.0 -- A Python wrapper around QStat

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 24 05:06:36 EST 2003

Summary

    A Python wrapper around QStat, the realtime game server status
    tool.

Overview

    PyQStat is a fairly basic Python wrapper around "QStat",
    http://www.qstat.org/, an application designed to report server
    status for a wide variety of realtime game servers.  PyQStat
    invokes QStat via 'os.popen' and parses its XML output mode.

    Although primarily intended as an importable module for
    integrating QStat functionality into other applications, PyQStat
    can also be used from the command line.

Getting the software

    The current version of qstat is 1.0.

    The latest version of the software is available in a tarball here:
    http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/qstat/qstat-latest.tar.gz.

    The official URL for this Web site is
    http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/qstat/.

Requirements

    - Python 2.0 or greater.

    - A functioning XML parser integrated with Python's
      'xml.dom.minidom'.

    - An installed verison of QStat -- or a workalike application --
      which supports the -xml argument.

License

    This code is released under the GPL.

/  \ You make me feel like / I can be a better woman
\__/ India Arie
    Max Pandaemonium / http://www.maxpandaemonium.com/
 A sampling of Max Pandameonium's music.