"import compiler" breaks

logistix logistix at zworg.com
Sun Feb 9 17:20:02 EST 2003

> Is it the subproject parser that I need to use? I have tried to compile it
> but it is not possible to "build" it only compile it. I have also tried to
> at the file parsermodule.c to the PCBuild project but it didnt help.
>
> Any help would be apreciated.

Do you have a parser.pyd file anywhere? This is the DLL that gets
generated.  If you have it, is the file located in your pythonpath?
you can take a look with 'import sys;print sys.pythonpath' from the
shell.  If the file isn't in there, it can't get loaded.

I'm using VC 7.0 right now, but you should have some sort of "Rebuild
Solution" choice on the menu.  This will rebuild everything.  You'll
get some errors on modules like tkinter and bsddb unless you've
downloaded appropriate files, but that's okay.