audio(mp3/vorbis/flac) libraries for python?

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Sat Feb 8 19:05:50 EST 2003

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 5:53 am, gabor wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm trying to create an application to catalogize/play audiofiles ...
> mostly mp3/(ogg)vorbis/flac.....
>
> are there any libraries for accessing these?

Note that I've already got a project on the side working on a Qt-based ogg/mp3
player, focusing on the tracklist/playlist control (since that's what I see
as sucking in pretty much any player except iTunes :)

Send me a private message if you're interested in it. Some info, including an
old screenshot:

http://mechanicalcat.net/cgi-bin/log/2002/11/21#Python MP3 and OGG player
http://mechanicalcat.net/cgi-bin/log/2002/11/28#various_updates

   Richard