ActivePerl/Python: Problems accessing variables via IActiveScript::GetScriptDispatch

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 13 16:54:53 EST 2003

"James Hugard" <james_hugard at hotmail.com> wrote:
> As part of the design, I must provide host-application (C++) access to
> functions, variables and objects created by each of these script engines,
in
> addition to host-defined objects. The normal means of doing this is via
> IActiveScript::GetScriptDispatch.

The fundamental problem you're running into is that ActiveScripting was
primarily designed to allow scripts to access functions and variables in the
host, not the other way around.  That's how the two generally available
script hosts, IE and IIS, use ActiveScripting.  You might consider if your
design could be reworked to work this way.

                                    Ross Ridge