ternary operator vote

Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Tue Feb 11 19:18:13 EST 2003

Erik> Quite frankly, I think Andrew's hit the nail on the head.  This
Erik> really sounds like they way to go, since it eliminates the
Erik> question of fracturing communities _and_ allows people to
Erik> simultaneously vote for several alternatives (internally I was
Erik> thinking of something more like listing the alternatives and
Erik> saying, "Choose one to three, and rank them," but I think this
Erik> works much better).

It is possible to arrange a vote with "choose one to three, and
rank them", but much more complicated.

Please visit at www.electionmethods.org and go to the descriptions
of approval voting and Condorcet voting, respectively.

--
Andrew Koenig, ark at research.att.com, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark