Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 10 02:37:37 EST 2003

Andrew Koenig wrote:

> I think we agree.
> Again, I think we agree.  I think the behavior should be whatever is
> easiest to describe.

Indeed we do.

> I'd still be willing to live with `x if C else y', because I think
> it's much better than `C and x or y'.

Practically any real conditional operator would be better than `C and x
or y', because `C and x or y' is _wrong_ (as you have so eloquently
pointed out many times in these threads).

/  \ No man quite believes in any other man.
\__/ H.L. Mencken
    Alcyone Systems / http://www.alcyone.com/
 Alcyone Systems, San Jose, California.