float / double support in Python?

jsaul jsaul at gmx.de
Thu Feb 13 06:04:07 EST 2003

* Brandon Van Every [2003-02-12 02:30]:
> > And yes, we should all use
> > multibyte chars, because guess what, out of the about 6 billion
> > people around only a fraction exclusively uses characters in the
> > ascii range
>
> Then why is this newsgroup in English?  Why is so much code written in
> English?

Would you be able to participate in this newsgroup if it were in
anything other than english?

Wherever people from all over the world communicate in a written
language, it obviously makes little sense if everybody speaks in
his/her native tongue. English has become the common denominator
because of its extremely simple structure and grammatics, which
makes it rather easy to learn; apart from some historical reasons.

That doesn't mean that everyone everywhere is keen on adopting
english as primary language; for most it is no more than *one*
option. A useful one, no doubt, because this is the only way I
can communicate with my colleagues in India, China or the US.

Cheers, jsaul
--
Palo pa'que aprenda que aquí sí hay honor!
[Rubén Blades]