Python bug? Named parameters in recursive calls sometimes confuses python?

Magnus Lyck? magnus at thinkware.se
Tue Dec 2 08:41:54 EST 2003

Duncan Booth <duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Xns944181B65ED49duncanrcpcouk at 127.0.0.1>...
> I note that you reassign the 'column' variable in that last for loop. I
> think your last line of output is simply the second time around the 'for
> row in rows' in the outermost call. Perhaps if you used a different
> variable name for that second variable called 'column' you wouldn't get so
> confused.

Silly me! Thank's Duncan. This really confused me a lot.
Initially, I was sure it was one of these normal "I'm
sure it's obvious once I spot it" problems, but somehow,
I managed not to spot it for a very long time.

This feels very reassuring. I was starting to wonder if
there was something problematic with Python 2.3.2 on NT...
Lucky it was just me being blind! :)