Leo 4.1 rc1 released

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Mon Dec 15 19:11:18 EST 2003

> While the edit pane is fine I do want my favorite Vim...  Is this possible
> somehow?   I mean to embed Vim in the window..

This is a reasonable thing to want to do.  There are several possible
approaches:

1. Run Leo from Vim.  This is now possible in Leo's batch mode.  When
executed from the command line Leo uses a "null gui" so nothing gets put on
the screen.  You can optionally turn off all of Leo's log output, which
would otherwise go to the console window.

2. Implement scintilla/scite using Leo's experimental wxPython plugin.  Not
quite the same as Vim.

3. Use something like pymacs to communicate between Emacs and Leo.  This is
in the daydream stage.  Leo now has a Vim/Scite SIG and I welcome comments,
ideas and code there.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines