make test segfaults with "--enable-shared" on Python 2.3.3

Berthold Höllmann bhoel at web.de
Mon Dec 29 09:56:21 EST 2003

Andrew MacIntyre <andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au> writes:

> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Berthold Hoellmann wrote:
>
>> CXXFLAGS=-O3 -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -fschedule-insns2 \
>>     -ffast-math -fno-math-errno -funsafe-math-optimizations     \
>>     -fno-trapping-math -march=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx -m3dnow
>>
>> CFLAGS=-O3 -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -fschedule-insns2   \
>>     -ffast-math -fno-math-errno -funsafe-math-optimizations     \
>>     -fno-trapping-math  -march=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx -m3dnow
>
> Build Python with the configure defaults before you start getting creative
> with optimisation.
>
> Problems resulting from trying to use more aggressive optimisations than
> the default should be taken up with the compiler vendor.

Hello,

make distclean
env CFLAGS= CXXFLAGS= ./configure --with-thread --with-fpectl \
   --with-signal-module --with-pymalloc --enable-shared --with-cxx=g++
env LANG=C CFLAGS= CXXFLAGS= make test

gave:

test_quopri
test_random
test_re
make: *** [test] Segmentation fault

aggain.

Regards

Berthold
--
bhoel at web.de / http://starship.python.net/crew/bhoel/
        It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads