Separation of content and code for web (was Re: Python for web?)

has has.temp at virgin.net
Wed Dec 3 05:33:45 EST 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<3FCC9A98.193ED480 at engcorp.com>...

> Apparently all you PyMeld types like to lie in wait and then reply in
> groups. ;-)
>
> Thanks Richie! (and Paul and Hamish, for the same answer)  This looks
> promising.

<hem-hem> Au-contraire: I was shamelessly whoring my own solution,
HTMLTemplate.:) Same basic idea: munch an XHTML template into objects
according to tag attributes, but the implementation and API are quite
different. Give it a go, I'd be interested to know what you think.

> I'm looking forward to a more extensive look at it.  (I was about to say
> I'd be happy to contribute improvements, but we (a company) were planning
> to release our own under a BSD license at some point, whereas I see yours
> has the more restrictive SleepyCat license (commercial use for a fee only),
> so I'm afraid I might do nothing more than pick over the best ideas from
> your API rather than look into the code itself.)

FWIW, HTMLTemplate is LGPL.

HTH

has