seek in a zip file??

Radovan Garabik garabik-news-2002-02 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Thu Dec 11 07:28:35 EST 2003

Enrique <enrique.palomo at xgs-spain.com> wrote:
> hello all!
> i´m working with big size files, to maintain them, it would be better to
> compress the files.
> to recover a little part of the big file, how can i extract that little
> parte instead of the whole file that will bring a lot of time?
> Can i know the offset in a zip file?? i know the offset in the big one.
> Any idea will be welcome.

I used dictzip for the same purpose, and it works well.
download serpento from
http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/serpento/
and look for dictzip module
(compress the files with dictzip from dictd package)

| Radovan Garabík http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |