tuples and cartesian coordinates

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Dec 17 15:18:15 EST 2003

Hi,

the FAQ says:

> For example, a Cartesian coordinate is appropriately represented as a
> tuple of two or three numbers.

I find it strange to use tuples for a coordinate. After all, a
coordinate represents a position of an object. Suppose I have a game
where the player has a position: isn't it stupid to use tuples rather
than lists or another type (maybe complex numbers?), because I want to
be able to change the position?

Shouldn't coordinates be mutable?

yours,
Gerrit.

--
231. If it kill a slave of the owner, then he shall pay slave for slave
to the owner of the house.