Case sensitive and ludicrous statements (was: True, False, None)

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Fri Dec 12 14:49:52 EST 2003

Douglas Alan <nessus at mit.edu> writes:

>  I have met people who use Perl
> and can't be convinced to try Python merely because they have gathered
> an opinion that Python devotees are rude and unfriendly, and they'd
> rather stick with the friendly Perl people.

Who are they? I'll set them straight!

But seriously, I'm somewhat surprised that anyone would characterize
the Python community as being rude and unfriendly. Have they never
been to comp.object or rec.pets.cats?

Sure, I've had some less than happy encounters with folk here, but I
understood that the tone of the reply I got was in response to the
tone of my original post.

Nick (or should that be "|\|1c|<"? :^)

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')