print arabic characters

Bill Trenker wtrenker at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 25 09:54:55 EST 2003

Ahmad wrote:

> Any other tricks?

I don't know if this is of any benefit but I was using the latest Opera web browser on my Linux system and happened to try out the Arabic introduction page on the unicode.org site.  The url is:
http://www.unicode.org/standard/translations/arabic.html

Since I can't read Arabic I don't know if the writing on that page is correctly presented, but I thought you might want to try it out.  I know that the Opera folks have put a lot of emphasis into RTL (bidi) support and internationalization.  Maybe Opera is an example of at least one application that is making better progress in displaying Arabic.

Regards,
Bill