Project dream

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 31 14:00:34 EST 2003

Paul Rubin:
> There could be a wiki page somewhere with a list of interesting
> project suggestions.  I'd put stuff there.  I can think of all kinds
> of cool programs that I'd like for other people to write ;-).

Well, isn't that the problem?  I can think of quite a few as
well.  (Again, all chemical and bio- informatics related.)  But
from experience the odds of anyone else working on them is
very low and the effort spent on putting those ideas on a
wiki, knowing that it's almost certainly going to be ignored,
makes it simply not worth it.

Now, if you said "I'm going to work on all kinds of cool
programs that others suggested" then that's something
different.  Even then, you're going to work on things you
are interested in, which is only a small number of the
projects in the world that others consider interesting.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com