Idle won't start

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 15 04:59:42 EST 2003

kmneilso at yahoo.com (Kerry Neilson) writes:

> For the past couple of months, Idle won't start when I invoke it.  I
> am at a complete loss for why this is.  When this happens, they python
> command line still starts, and python works fine otherwise.
> Most interesting to me is that a reboot won't fix the problem.  But if
> I just try it again sometime later it will work.  Anyone have any
> ideas?  I'm running python 2.3 on windows 2000 professional.

Do you have any firewall type software?  Some Windows firewalls
apparently believe trying to open a socket to 127.0.0.1 is a dastardly
attempt to compromise your privacy...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  If i don't understand lisp, it would be wise to not bray about
  how lisp is stupid or otherwise criticize, because my stupidity