Problem mapping VB com code to Python

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Dec 22 18:29:42 EST 2003

max wrote:
> No luck, I have tried all possible case combinations and permutations
> of what I see in the com brouser.  The only place I have found
> references to the com module qbFC2_1Lib is in the "Registered Type
> Libraries".
>
> Is there another way to access the com module then client.Dispatch()?
>
> What is the mapping of the VB statememnt
> " Dim sessionManager As New QBFC2_1Lib.QBSessionManager"
> does this imply something other than late binding.

This is VB using early binding, and using vtable interfaces rather than
IDispatch.

I'm really not sure why this is failing for you though - if the problem
was that the object did not support IDispatch, I would expect an
"unsupported interface" exception.  It may just be that you have to find
the correct progID for use in this context.  Can you find VB code that
uses CreateObject() on the object?

Mark.