Strip HTML tags?

BW Glitch bwglitch at hotpop.com
Sun Dec 14 23:17:37 EST 2003

Fazer wrote:
> BW Glitch <bwglitch at hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<brgkln$33crt$1 at ID-203388.news.uni-berlin.de>...
>
>>Fazer wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I was wondering what would be the easiest way to strip away HTML tags from a string?
>>>
>>>Or how would I remove everything between < and > also the < , > as well using regex?
>>
>>You could use the SGMLparser for that also. Check the Python Cookbook at
>>ASPN ( http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/ ) for a recipe
>>that uses it (
>>http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52281 ).
>>

> Thanks!  The recipe works out fine!  The problem is that I saved the
> class in a file and I want it to be included in my other script.  How
> can that be done?  My other script is in the same directory as the
> class and doing import <name of class> doesn't work.

You should import <filename minus .py*>

--
Glitch

-----BEGIN TF FAN CODE BLOCK-----
G+++ G1 G2+ BW++++ MW++ BM+ Rid+ Arm-- FR+ FW-
#3 D+ ADA N++ W OQP MUSH- BC- CN++ OM P75
-----END TF FAN CODE BLOCK-----

"Come on, fight back! How far will you carry this silly chivalry?
'Cause this dark damsel is not impressed!"
         -- Blackarachnia to Silverbolt, "Bad Spark"