Is anyone using Python for .NET?

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 09:21:19 EST 2003

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.247.1071669014.9307.python-list at python.org...

> > I'm no big fan of Sun or Java, but that's quite some industry
> > leadership you're showing us, Brandon. ;-)
>
> eh?  are you saying that all Hejlsberg knows about programming language
> design is stuff he picked up while working on a Java implementation?

Surely not. There is little doubt that C# was in part a reaction to the
failure of J++ to be a serious competitor to Java. Whether you regard
it as taking a lead, or following Sun, is largely a matter of interpretation.
That is independent of Hejlsberg's ability as a language designer.

That said, Brandon's claim was fairly contentious and likely to get
someone to bite. It's a well worn debate though, and c.l.py probably
isn't the best place to renew it.