Installing PyOpenGL - can't find libnumarray module

traveller3141 at att.net traveller3141 at att.net
Tue Dec 30 22:13:49 EST 2003

Sorry, when I originally uninstalled numarray & entered

from OpenGL.GL import *,

the traceback I got was

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python23\lib\site-
packages\Pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\formatter.py", line 222, in

OnStyleNeeded
    notify = self.scintilla.SCIUnpackNotifyMessage(extra)
   File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\control.py"
, line 57, in

SCIUnpackNotifyMessage

     margin = margin)

ImportError: No module named numarray.libnumarray

win32ui: Exception in OnNotify() handler

This is what led me to think that I needed the numarray module, which is why
I reinstalled it. I should have been more clear about that.

So, that's what started me wondering about the .pyd extension.

The numpy installer I used was Numeric-23.1.win32-py2.3.exe, and the PyOpenGL
installer I used was PyOpenGL-2.0.1.07.py2.3-numpy23.exe.
I think these are the correct installers.

Anyway, that's where I am & how I got here.

Thanks for all your help