Project dream

Ville Vainio ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi
Sat Dec 27 05:10:55 EST 2003

hwlgw at hotmail.com (Will Stuyvesant) writes:

> Suppose you have the time and the money to start a new project in
> Python.  What would you like to do?

Well, not completely *in* python, but about Python anyway:

- Rewrite Emacs (though this would probably need lots of C code for
  that extra snappiness). Make it extensible in Python (natively,
  i.e. w/o pymacs), use all the latest Gtk UI stuff, provide all the
  intellisense:ish features of commercial IDEs (yes, I know about
  Semantic).

- Port Python to Symbian OS > 6.0

- Implement fast native code compilation for Python (though this is
  well beyond my capabilities). This might be interesting also in the
  sense of creating a compiler in Python, even though it might not be
  that fast...

--
Ville Vainio   http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24