dynamic typing questions

Gustavo Campanelli birdiepageANTI at SPAMciudad.FILTERcom.ar
Fri Dec 19 11:24:39 EST 2003

Jason Tesser wrote:

> OK what are your guys thoughts here?  How have you all
> overcome the lack of static typing?  Is Python a
> bad decision here?   By the way we will be using
> Postgres in the back if that matters to anyone.

I have no problems with dynamic typing, but it seems that this comes as
a big problem to you. My advice, since you are two, is that you agree on
something that makes your life easier in the future, like to keep a
record of every declared variable, or that you agree on a naming policy,
like starting every int name with i (icounter) and every float with f
(fmeasure) while you get used to the dynamic typing. This way you'll
have an easier time catching and, more important, avoiding the errors.

But I think that once you get used to Python and it style, you won't
miss static typing at all.

Gedece