pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1) - custom Py_Initialize())

Wiktor Sadowski art at wiktorsadowski.com
Thu Dec 18 22:30:53 EST 2003

[Brad Clements wrote]
>I'd like to find out more about pymozilla.. It sounds very interesting

pymozilla is is a proprietary application so I can't share the code.
It's a modified python.exe with builtin Browser module - Python wrapped
Gecko engine.
Custom nsIProtocolHandler and zip-file-system Python module is used to get
and load files(html,xml,css,images,Python code) from zip
and to resolve and process all ".py" links and html forms. It's pretty like
CGI, but no server is required.
The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

Wiktor