Hiding console with program compiled in PY2EXE

Marc mnations at airmail.net
Fri Dec 19 17:47:39 EST 2003

Thanks to all the replies. I tried it using the --windows option, but
I get the same problem. However I'm also increasing the difficulty a
little bit by using COM with py2exe.

Here's my setup file:

# setup.py
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(name="CCT",
      scripts=["CCT.py"],
)

Here's the command I use to initiate the process:

python setup.py py2exe --progid "Excel.Application" --windows

It appears to compile successfully, but I get the same problem as I
did when inserted my program with the .pyw option. It starts to open,
then dies.

Does adding other options, such as COM, interfere with this process?
Does COM need the window for some reason?

Thanks,
Marc