should i switch to IPYTHON interpreter? What is the killer feature of it? (drifting OT)

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 10 10:56:23 EST 2003

<snip>
> One could argue that my approach to learning new modules could use
> improvement. And while that may be true, I've found that learning to
> recognize error messages, and what causes them, makes it easier to
> help others.
I would say you have nothing to apologize for, this approach to learning new
modules sounds strikingly similar to my own.  It's part of what I think is a
big advantage to Python (and similar scripting languages), that you can
engage in a highly efficient, quick turnaround, exploratory process, without
the overhead and delay of compile/correct-syntax-errors/compile/link/run.
The immediate feedback (and sometimes, gratification) allows you to stay in
that high-intensity mental zone, without the distractions of awkward
meta-tasks, for hours at a time (or days or weeks!).

-- Paul