HalfLife/Cstrike monitorring

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Tue Dec 16 14:48:00 EST 2003

On 2003-12-11, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
> It sounds like you just want a server statistics package, of which there
> are many available.  See Google; a good one is PsychoStats.  There's
> really no need for you to reinvent the wheel here.

    Not true.  Psycho stats does not, for example, take the details given by
the connection and translate it into something MRTG or LRRD can parse for a
general graph of players per time unit.  Furthremore Psycho works on the logs
not on the udp interface.

    With that said I'd recommend the person just sit down with a good Python
book and hammer at it.  Took me about 10m to get my script working to query
just what he was asking for and translate the results into information I
needed.  Prior to that I had never worked with network code in any language.
The major boon was being able to play with code interactively.  :)