Python & Expect

Luther Barnum Spam_Sucks at rr.com
Wed Dec 10 15:39:07 EST 2003

Instead of being the newsgroup cop, maybe you should use a little humility
and actually read the post. It's guys like you that scare newbies from
newsgroups. I'll bet you didn't know everything when you posted your last
question.

Luther

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3FD7263E.110F9CC4 at engcorp.com...
> Jeff Wagner wrote:
> >
> > Is there an Expect-like module for Python that is cross platform and,
for the most part, does what
> > Expect does? A number of years ago, I wrote some Tcl scripts using
Expect for automation. I am
> > trying to convince my good friend who I worked with at the time to try
Python. He said, "what about
> > Expect?"
> >
> > I have heard of a Pexpect but was told that it didn't run on win32 and
he needs win32 and Linux
> > support both.
>
> Hmmm... let's see what Google brings up...  (typing)
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=python+expect
>
> Wow!  Look at that!  Pexpect is the first hit.  Let's try accessing that
> page and see what it says.  (click)  Ah, there's a "Requirements" link:
(click)

> Python
> Pexpect was written and tested with Python 2.1. It should work on earlier
versions
> that have the pty module. ...
>
> pty module
> Any POSIX system (UNIX) with a working pty module should be able to run
Pexpect.