UserLinux chooses Python as "interpretive language" of choice

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Sat Dec 20 16:21:28 EST 2003

On 2003-12-20, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> Ville Vainio <ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi> wrote:
>> If the extra features [...] were really
>> worthwhile, they would be added to Python

> Down that path lies madness (i.e. Perl).

    Nono, that's not the quote!

YODA: Code! Yes. A programmer's strength flows from code
maintainability. But beware of Perl. Terse syntax... more than
one way to do it...default variables. The dark side of code
maintainability are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you
when code you write. If once you start down the dark path,
forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.