py2exe: problem including libxml2

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Thu Dec 4 18:23:08 EST 2003

"Rene Olsthoorn" <rol at post.com> wrote in
news:3fcf581e$0$200$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl:

> py2exe has a problem including libxml2. Not at building time, but at
> runtime. The libxml2.dll cannot be loaded... Is there anyone that NOT has
> the problem? (and can you drop me your setup.py scipt, please).

i have no project using that lib, so i cant tell from experience.
but did you check if the lib is copied to the dist dir?
if its not copied, you may need to use the data_files option altough the
dependecies for taht lib have to be tracked manually
or the --packages or --force-imports option may help, if you load the xml
module in advance

you should probably mention which python and py2exe version you used as
well as the module you import that does not work. the 0.5 version has a
slightly different output than the older ones.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>